Sierra Madre Sunrise Recipe
The start of the New Year is all about a clean slate, not unlike the feeling of starting a new day. Enjoyable, exciting, and fresh! That’s why the Sierra Madre Sunrise expertly mixed by Elana Lepkowski is the perfect brunch companion when you wake up ready to seize the New Year January 1st (or just work off your new year’s eve hangover). Light and refreshing, this incredible concoction might be your next best friend.
Here’s what you’ll need:
• 1 ounce Kimo Sabe Reposado: Rubedo Mezcal
• 3/4 ounce Aperol
• 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed juice from 1/2 lemon
• 2 to 3 dashes of either Angostura or chocolate bitters, like Scrappy’s
• 3 ounces club soda
• Lemon peel, for garnish and panache
• Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add Kimo Sabe Reposado: Rubedo, Aperol, lemon juice, and bitters. Shake until chilled, about 15 seconds.
• Fill a rocks glass with fresh ice.
• Add club soda to glass and strain cocktail on top.
• Garnish with lemon peel.
The New Year brings feelings of rejuvenation and new beginnings. Although the stroke of midnight does not exactly start time over, somewhere inside, many of us feel as though we have been given a second chance. We hope one of our suggested recipes helps you ring in the New Year with a bang. Feel refreshed and reborn with the Sierra Madre Sunrise Kimo Sabe cocktail.